Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Interest Grows....

In this present journey in my life, I am learning to be bold and speak up.

It was Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend when my heart started to turn to Haiti.  I looked up the country in the persecuted church website, read up on wikipedia and located it on the globe. 

It was after the weekend was over when I was able to speak to my parents who live 1500 miles away from me, our weekly conversation.  I learned that when they were visiting friends in Southern Ontario that they made known my request for the Lord's leading in the possibility of heading down to Haiti.  I was overwhelmed to tears as they told me how my parents friends laid hands on them and prayed for me.  Just knowing that people who have only met me once were praying for me caused my heart to be full of love and acceptance.  My parents were being bold for me, in a different province!

It was that Tuesday that I gave in and called the travel clinic in our health region to discuss what I would  have to go through in regards to immunizations and **gasp*** needles.  I had to make an appointment for a consult. I did.. I was bold enough to make the appointment.

I started to share around my work of the opportunity to anyone that I felt close to.  I had lots of positive comments on how I would be good done there and how it would open my worldview.  I was being bold, speaking to those to whom I understood not to share the same faith as me.

Boldness...  me....  who knew?

1 comment:

Louise Gallagher said...

Yeah for you!

Well done and a good read too!

I'm looking forward to more!