Thursday, March 17, 2011

8 Days To Go...

8 days to go.  I think that those will be the longest days ever.

 I am done work in 5  days (with two days being the weekend) and I have left two days prior to being at the airport for 0500am next Friday to pack and pick up any incidentials that I have forgotten until then.

I am getting excited.... 

I am also getting touched emotionally.  Yesterday at work,  our volunteer chiropractor wished me well and adjusted me before going.  His thoughtfulness and caring ways touched me, as he wanted to send me off in his way. 
My church is having a prayer of commission for my team on Sunday Night.  I have been asking my Christian co-workers to attend if they could.  (I hope to see them there!!)  My family lives so far away and cannot be there for that moment, and we are a family at work!  I have been blessed with well wishes and hugs....   My working family has been counting the days down with me!

I have not forgotten the reason why I am going down.  I am going down to serve my living Saviour in any way possible.  I do have a hope and a desire to work in the medical clinic, however, if God does not want me to do that, I am open to that as well.  My goal is to show God's love to the Haitian people... any way He desires.

I have taken my cholera vaccine.  I will remember to take my malaria pills starting tommorrow.  Am I worried about the possibility of cholera's incline in cases? You bet.. but not personally.  I know that I am covered not only with vaccine but with the blood of my Saviour... He will protect me and not cause me harm.  The Haitians have been through so much...  earthquake, hurricane, cholera and just when one item on this list is getting better.... it can get worse. 

I have just learned that our lesson for the Vacation Bible Schools (VBS) that we will be doing for that week is on JOY.  That encourages me.  It will be good to reflect on that fruit of the spirit for the week.  The joy of the Lord is my strength... that song that I learned as a child will hopefully be my theme song while I am in Haiti. 

Whatever is going to happen, will happen.  How I react to it, will be my growing for the week. 

Lord,
Use Me. Mold Me.  I am Yours.
Thank you for dying the Cross for me.
Thank you for loving a gal like me.
Thank you for never leaving me or forsaking me.
Thank you for having a plan for me, one that will be prosperous and not harmful.
Thank you for sending me.


8 days to go.... excitement is building....

No comments: